AGC of America sponsors a nonpartisan political action committee (PAC) that gives eligible member company employees an opportunity to add their voices and influence to the political process. Check out our video to learn more about AGC PAC.
In short, AGC PAC pools together voluntary, personal donations and uses those funds to support federal candidates who, regardless of party affiliation, understand the construction industry and the specific needs, interests, and concerns of member companies and their employees.
The only way to ensure progress continues for the industry is to grow the number of construction-friendly legislators in Congress, and we’re working hard to make that happen. Once elected, AGC can then call upon these advocates to help advance legislation that:
- Improves the pipeline for the construction workforce
- Promotes programs that expand infrastructure investment
- Influences legislation on environmental and climate change issues
- Blocks and improves regulatory measures targeting construction
- Ensures tax policies benefit companies equally
But no matter how strong one voice can be, it is often overpowered by the endless political clamor in Washington, D.C. AGC PAC helps cut through that noise and allows you to join hundreds of others in the industry to speak with a united voice. And as the saying goes, “There is power in numbers.”