Our nation’s infrastructure needs are significant and severe. The World Economic Forum ranked America’s infrastructure first in the world in 2005. Today, we have fallen to ninth place.
- The average driver spends $599 a year in extra vehicle operating and repair costs because of bad roads.
- The average motorist spends 42 hours stuck in traffic and $1,400 in wasted gasoline each year.
- There are nearly 55,000 structurally deficient bridges across the U.S.
- There are an estimated 240,000 water main breaks each year.
- Our aviation system continues to be reliant on a navigation system dating back to World War II.
It’s no wonder that America’s infrastructure has received a grade of D+ from the American Society of Civil Engineers.
Partisan disputes between congressional leaders and the president have nothing to do with our nation’s desperate need for greater investment in our infrastructure, and should not prevent our government from addressing what should be a top national priority. Our leaders in Washington, D.C. have promised to provide significant new investments in our nation’s crumbling infrastructure and now more than ever AGC members must hold them to their promise. Tell them to put partisanship aside and work together to pass an infrastructure bill now.
Taking action is easy. Simply submit the pre-written messages as is to President Trump and your members of Congress or customize them with personal information on how this issue impacts you and your company.