Mr. Biden proposes a $2 trillion plan to invest in infrastructure and build a clean energy economy. He calls for:
- Building and upgrading a cleaner, safer, stronger infrastructure - from roads and bridges to green spaces and water systems to electricity grids and universal broadband - in both rural and urban areas;
- Achieving a carbon pollution-free power sector by 2035 to help address the threat posed by climate change;
- Making buildings more energy efficient;
- Investing in innovation to drive down the costs associated with clean energy technologies, such as battery storage, building materials, and negative emissions technologies, and facilitating their commercialization; and
- Securing environmental justice and equitable economy opportunity.
Was this helpful?