President Trump proposed $1 trillion in direct federal investment in infrastructure in his Fiscal Year 2021 Budget Request to Congress that included $810 billion toward a 10-year surface transportation reauthorization bill and $190 billion for a one-time investment in various types of infrastructure, including “mega-projects”, freight projects, and bridges. His other priorities include:
- Reducing the environmental review and permitting burden;
- Investing equitably in both urban and rural America;
- Improving the resiliency of transportation infrastructure; and
- Empowering states and local governments to make decisions to address their transportation needs.
- www.whitehouse.gov/wp- content/uploads/2020/02/FY21-Fact-Sheet- Infrastructure.pdf
- transportation.gov/sites/dot.gov/files/2020- 02/BudgetHightlightFeb2021.pdf
Was this helpful?
Be the first to comment
Sign in withFacebook Twitter