Every two years, AGC of America leaders develop a set of federal legislative and regulatory priorities that will promote and advance the construction industry. The association's top policies principles for 2021-2022 are:
- Increase investment in and incentives for public and private construction to support pandemic recovery and jobs growth
- Improve the pipeline for a safe, trained and diverse construction workforce
- Preserve the delicate balance in federal labor policy that permits employees to freely choose to engage in collective bargaining and that allows employers to maintain operations free of unwarranted disruptions
- Ensure that tax and fiscal policies promote entrepreneurialism and long-term economic growth
- Streamline the federal procurement process to save money, increase competition, and improve opportunities for small business
- Support regulations, policies, guidance, and executive orders that are necessary, cost-effective, and practical
Below are more details on these principles as well as the association's complete list of federal priorities for 2021-2022. This document may be downloaded, if desired.