CEO and economist brief Army Corps of Engineers leaders on government-mandated project labor agreements (PLAs) and construction materials inflation.
On May 11, AGC of America CEO Stephen Sandherr briefed senior U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ (USACE) leaders on government-mandated project labor agreements (PLAs), and the potential impact of Executive Order 14063 to both union and open-shop construction contractors. Likewise, the association’s Chief Economist Ken Simonson provided analysis of surging construction material and supply prices and delivery delays. AGC shared its comprehensive report on Construction Inflation and recommended avenues to address these issues via price adjustment clauses, among other things.
In addition, AGC and the USACE formally renewed its long-standing partnership. For more than one hundred years, partnership between AGC and the Army Corps has been key in building the infrastructure our Nation needs at home and abroad. AGC and the Army Corps signed a Partnership Charter and Safety Memorandum of Understanding. Among other things, AGC and USACE formally commit to:
- Championing a culture of safety that ensures a safe construction workplace;
- Improving the pipeline for a safe, trained, and diverse workforce;
- Collaborating to overcome obstacles & increase innovation, resiliency, sustainability, agility, and efficiency;
- Continuing communication between Army Corps and AGC at all levels, including senior levels; and
- Promoting relationships and engagement between Army Corps local offices and AGC Chapters; recognizing the importance of diversity and small business to the health of the construction industry.
For more information, contact [email protected] or (703) 837-5368.
Do you like this page?