U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) recently announced their massive final rule “Updating the Davis-Bacon and Related Acts Regulations.” The expected effective date is October 23, 2023.
AGC of America was successful in paring down some of the more controversial proposals in the over 700-page rulemaking. Nevertheless, our preliminary analysis shows that more work will be covered under Davis-Bacon than previously and that DOL still critically missed an opportunity to improve the wage determination process.
To help AGC members understand the rulemaking, please find the following resources:
- A one-page document providing the topline takeaways of the final rule here; and
- A seven-page document summarizing in more detail key provisions of the final rule here.
The association is currently scheduling a private (AGC members only), virtual update from the DOL’s Wage and Hour Division and other educational events on this rulemaking.
In addition, the DOL provides the following resources:
- A frequently asked questions document here;
- A comparison chart of existing policy and what is in the final rule here; and
- A registration to DOL overview webinars on September 13 and 14 here.
AGC continues to analyze the full impact this rulemaking and to evaluate all options available to best protect the interests of AGC members.
For more information, contact Claiborne Guy at [email protected] or 703-837-5382.
Do you like this page?